Virginia does not require MAs to be licenced to work, but a good education and certification are usually essential for finding employment. While some states spell out the exact tasks MAs can carry out, Virginia law allows doctors to use some judgement in delegating duties to unlicensed personnel. Some of these duties include:
- Recording patient history
- Taking and preparing blood samples for the laboratory
- Monitoring a patient’s vital signs
- Applying or changing the dressing for a wound
- Carrying out office and administrative duties
Read on to find out more about online medical assistant certification in Virginia.